Following our recent ISI inspection report, 'Lancing College Preparatory School meets its aims outstandingly well. It does this by achieving high quality in every aspect of what it provides'. Please use the link below to read the full inspection report: http://www.isi.net/schools/6719/
The school community is that of an enlarged family, where good manners, consideration for others and a sense of the needs of the community as a whole are of great importance.
Lancing College Preparatory School is an independent Nursery, Pre-preparatory and Preparatory School for approximately 200 children between the ages of 3 and 13. The Head Master is a member of the Incorporated Association of Preparatory Schools.
Mowden School, as it was originally known, was founded by Mr B A Snell at Mowden Hall, in Essex, in 1896. In 1901, it moved to Lansdowne Place, Hove and in 1913 moved again to its present site. Mr Edward Snell took over from his father in 1937 and, on his death in 1973, his son, Christopher, became Head Master.
In September 2002, the School passed into the care of Lancing College and the current Head Master, Mr Alan Laurent, took over from the Snells. Although the house was purpose built for a preparatory school in 1913 by Christopher Snellšs grandfather, there has been a continuing programme of modernisation and development.
In addition to a dedicated IT Room, each classroom has its own computer and there is a well-equipped Science Laboratory, Technology Room and an attractive Library and Reading Room. Spacious sports fields surround the School, which accommodate pitches for all the main games and sports, including an all-weather Astroturf area.
Lancing Prep pupils are also fortunate to be able to share the magnificent facilities of Lancing College, for which a mini-bus link is in place. Traditionally the School was for boys only, but in September 2002, girls were accepted for the first time and the School became co-educational.
Mowden School became Lancing College Preparatory School (or Lancing Prep as it is known) in September 2005.